Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fight Isn't Just Fists


These past few months I have been really discouraged in my Journey to Ecuador. People I thought were behind me and who saw that it is God who is orchestrating this Journey began questioning me and asking if its me who wants this or Him. That was hard and refreshing at the same time. It caused me to seek Jesus, and He challenged me and by showing me the bigger picture. 
Jesus showed me why I’m still here and why funding is moving slowly. I have been building relationships with people and encouraging them to fight for their relationship with Him, causing me to want to fight harder as well.
He also showed me that their are some things I need to get rid of and work on while I’m here so I can be totally focused while I’m in Ecuador. I’ve gotten rid of those things and as of right now I’m memorizing scripture to stay even more focused and engaged on Him. 
Through the month of June I will be memorizing Psalm 25. My plan is to memorize 5-6 verses a week. Feel free to ask me about it and how it is impacting my life. Also feel free to make me recite it to you. I can use all the accountability I can get ;)
SIM encourages it's missionaries not to fall for the lie the funding dictates if God wants you to actually go or not, but to realize that God's plan for me is not one dimensional; He doesn't just want me focused on the future of being in Ecuador, but to be focused on where I am right now, and so to use my time here wisely knowing this is part of the plan as well. Jesus has been blessing me while I am here to show me and remind me that I am in His timing. Recently He put it on the heart of a friend of mine to tutor me in spanish. The original plan was for me to pay her, but Jesus is leading her to teach me for free and blessing us both through it. 
So while sometimes life seems crazy and I want the future to be now, I’m glad for the now. I’m fighting for my relationship with Him and this Journey that I know is from Him.
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement! 

1 comment:

  1. This was really great!!!

    I think one of the biggest lies that happens in the american church is that there is a difference between what you want and what god wants. I think God is perfectly comfortable allowing us to choose paths and pursue them passionately.

    which is what you're doing. keep believing and pushing.

    ReplyDelete