Friday, October 21, 2011

God's best

Last year one of my professors gave me a few biographies. One of them is on Hudson Taylor. I've only gotten through the first few chapters of the book and it has def been challenging.

Hudson Taylor's life is full of trust and faith in Jesus. Something I read that really challenged me about his life is that he was always seeking out God's best.

"But the outstanding thing about Hudson Taylor's early experience was that he could not be satisfied with anything less than the best, God's best--the real and constant enjoyment of His presence" (20).

This forced me to think about what it is that I daily seek. Am I seeking His presence? Last night I visited a small group. One of the things we discussed was what it means to live a rich and full life. I think Hudson Taylor had it right; seeking God's best--His presence.

Reading about Hudson and his drive to seek God's presence made me examine my own life, and I asked myself if that is what I am doing. Do I seek Jesus presence daily or do I convince myself today doesn't matter because I'm not in Ecuador yet? Luckily I have great friends who remind me that right now does matter =)

No comments:

Post a Comment